Winter Golf Bookings for Bridgewater Residents for the Christmas Period and New Year.
Go book your time at The Olde Scotland for your golfing game.
The Olde Scotland Links Opens for Bookings After Christmas for Groups and Seasonal Special Offers.
The Olde Scotland Links was designed for strategic golfing in 1997 and has since become a highlight of the Bridgewater recreational circuit. The winter season begins in December and runs through until April. Specials for Bridgewater residents include the Dewsweeper passes, which tee off at 8:30 am, and the twilight sessions start at 2 pm. In line with local health and safety guidance, all golfers must wear face coverings throughout their time on the courses. Unfortunately, the clubhouse remains closed; however, food and drinks can be purchased from the links Pro Shop throughout the winter. In December and January, Monday nights are reserved for the club's local leagues, with Tuesday nights booked for ladies' golf.
- Practice ranges and practice putting greens are part of the facilities open from 7 am to 6 pm daily.
- Private driving ranges are booked through application and include unlimited practice balls, tee boxes, and longer opening hours from 7 am until 7 pm.
- Contact with the local club can be made through their website, by email, or by phone at (508) 279 3344
Groundwater flooding can affect your golf game, subfloor, garage, and crawl spaces. Contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 812-9732.
The First Annual Winter Market for Easton Residents Launches on December 20th.
Support your local venders at the first Winter Market this year for your holiday gifting.
James and Thompson's Much Anticipated Winter Market Features 10 Independent Vendors Selling Unique Christmas Gifts.
A short trip to Boston for Easton Residents could make this year's gifting a lot easier and more unique. Local picture framing company James and Thompson are opening their first Winter Market at Jamaica Plains this year every Sunday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The market is a culmination of local vendors and craft makers, including artworks, artisan items of furniture, and food trucks. The community-led initiative encourages the Easton area to give back to independent businesses while gifting their friends and family a unique selection of presents. Tickets to the market are free but must be booked in advance to receive a timeslot.
- The market opens from 10 am to 2 pm every day.
- COVID safety is in place with hand sanitizers and a one-way system for viewing vendors
- The market takes place at 18 Bartlett square, and visitors can email ahead for further information.
Fires can cause extensive damage to your home and belongings. For a quick recovery throughout the Christmas period, contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 812-9732.
Bridgewater Properties are Suffering from Moisture Problems and Mold this Winter.
Our SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters cares about the community. We want the absolute best for everyone. Call us anytime you need us.
SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters is a Qualified and Dedicated Mold Removal Team for Local Residents.
Bridgewater is a small city in Plymouth County with an extensive industrial heritage. The city of 26,563 residents sits between Boston and Rhode Island in the State of Massachusetts. Like most industrial cities, this place's heart is the Taunton River, which runs for 37 miles through Massachusetts. Alongside this river are numerous wildlife preserves and wetlands. Highlights of these local wildlife preserves are Lake Nippenicket and the Hockomock Swamp, a wildlife management area. The nearby State Forest has 62 acres of land owned by the Division of State Parks and Recreation (DCR). The upkeep of the state Forest allows the public to visit all year round, with the best access points coming from the West Meadow Pond.
Bridgewater's industrial town had several factories in the local area and became well-known for ironworks throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, several iron factories, such as the Ashmont Iron Works and the Superior Nail & Iron, remain in operation and a crucial part of the local economy. The National Register of Historic Places lists the Bridgewater Iron Works, one of the first factories to ship iron to US colonies, as a vital part of the community's heritage and American history. Following a massive fire, the Bridgewater Iron Works was eventually handed over to the council, who has since redeveloped the Iron Works Park area. The Stanley Iron Works park has a privately owned dam, excellent walking trails, and is situated just off route 28 headed South.
- The Black Hat Brew Works is a recent addition to Bridgewater. Since establishing itself in 2015 on Scotland Boulevard, it has become a positive presence in the town with a fantastic, rotating local beer selection- a must-visit if you are a fan of high content brews. However, the Crue Brew Brewery in nearby Raynham provides stiff competition.
- The C N Smith Farm on South Street has been a family-owned and operated business for over eighty years in East Bridgewater. The retail store is open seven days a week, selling local fruits, vegetables, and garden plants. Opening hours are from 9 am to 5 pm every day. Special events occur throughout the year for harvests, Easter, and festivals. Contact them at 508-378-2270 to book in advance.
- Eating out in Bridgewater is a case of quality over quantity. Prisco's Country Creamery serves fantastic deli sandwiches, Italian-themed foods, and sweet deserts in extra-generous portions. Chatta Box on Bedford Street offers a more refined dining experience serving a mixture of Asian cuisine to delighted locals all year round.
The Bridgewater Triangle and Folklore
Bridgewater is a rural, industrial township that has gained a reputation among paranormal enthusiasts, fiction writers, and film-makers. H.P Lovecraft, a prominent horror writer in the early twentieth century, set many of his stories in a fictional New England town thought to be based on the Bridgewater Triangle. The 200 square mile range of the Triangle stretches from West and East Bridgewater across the southeast and connects with Taunton, Raynton, and Seekonk. There have been alleged sightings of various phenomena within this stretch, including bigfoot sightings, popularized by cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, UFOs, Pterodactyls, giant snakes, and poltergeists. The distinct area around Bridgewater has featured in fictional TV shows like HBO's Lovecraft Country and the X-files. Particular sights of interest for paranormal activists are Hockomock Swamp, Dighton Rock, Freetown-Fall, and Profile Rock. The Hockomock Swamp was, allegedly, cursed by the Native American Wampanoag tribe in response to colonial settlers' injustices.
While these areas may have a reputation among paranormal enthusiasts, they are also vast natural beauty areas. The Hockomock Swamp is a wetland that stretches for 16,950 acres and offers incredible hiking, fishing, and bird-watching opportunities. The Bay Circuit Trail is the most common route for visitors to take through the Hockomock Swamp, which passes by areas such as the Profile Rock and the Solitude Stone- both sites of interest. However, there are numerous other trails mapped through the Department of Conservation and Recreation. This area comprises the most significant freshwater wetlands in Massachusetts and a vital area for wildlife conservation. The swamp is the home of 13 unique, rare, and endangered species, while the site itself is over 9,000 years old, which gives it essential archaeological importance. Visitors are encouraged here by the excellent freshwater swimming, hunting, fishing, and canoeing options.
- Camp Titicut is a smaller range along the Taunton River with mellow walking trails and camping spots.
- Burrage Pond Wildlife Management Area has hundreds of species of rare birds, fish, and animals.
- Oldham Pond is an excellent spot for fishing and has three islands within the 232-acre waterway.
SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters Can Provide Excellent Mold Inspection and Remediation Throughout the Year to Local Residents.
The primary method of mold removal in your Bridgewater home is to identify and correct moisture problems. A moisture problem can occur at home due to insufficient insulation, roofing issues, or as a direct result of liquid water such as a slow leak. These areas can lead to the proliferation of microbial fungi, which use enzymes to digest organic matter. Over time, mold infestations can cause permanent damage to a building assembly or contents by eating away at organic compounds commonly found in the home environment. Core areas of concern are porous and semi-porous materials like drywall, carpeting, or wood framing. Dealing with mold quickly using professional services is the surest way to ensure your home returns to a preloss condition.
- Our technicians have qualifications from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) body and follow up-to-date s500 guidelines for mold remediation.
- Extra services are available, including installing vapor barriers in your home and the restoration of documents and other valuables.
- We are available twenty-four-hours a day and promise to arrive on-site within four hours of notification of loss.
If you notice the visible signs of mold growth in your home, that is enough to justify professional assistance. Contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 812-9732.
How Close Is Bridgewater to Solitude and a Wilderness Experience?
Bridgewater commercial properties (but not the Hockomock Swamp) rely on SERVPRO for water damage mitigation--the premier company
Explore the Mysterious Hockomock Swamp Wetland Just a Short Drive from Bridgewater
Centuries have passed since European settlers arrived in the Bridgewater area, but at least one ecosystem has resisted the pull of development. Hockomock Swamp continues to occupy a vast wetland in Southeastern Massachusetts. The area covered includes approximately 16,950-acres and provides protection for innumerable plant species, birds, fish and reptiles, and mammals, including humans. The swamp is in the Taunton River watershed and includes portions of the following Massachusetts municipalities:
- West Bridgewater
What Types of Trees, Understory, and Ground Cover Are Common in Hockomock Swamp?
Hockomock Swamp is considered a Coastal Atlantic White Cedar (AWC) Swamp. All AWC swamps are wetlands featuring a dense canopy consisting mainly of evergreen species, with deciduous bushes and shrubs beneath. At ground level, mosses are the most prolific type of plant. Open bogs and waterways are also associated with Hollomock, as with other AWC swamps. Frequently encountered tree and plant species include:
- Atlantic White-Cedar (Chamaecyparis thyoides), an evergreen conifer with short branches and flat, scaly leaves
- Grow up to 80 feet tall
- Have peeling bark in shades of gray to cinnamon brown
- Reveal a twisting grain within the straight trunk when felled
- Red maple (Acer rubrum)
- High-bush blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum)
- Swamp azalea (Rhododendron viscosum)
- Sweet pepperbush (Clethra alnifolia)
- Fetterbush (Leucothoe racemosa).
- Cinnamon fern (Osmunda cinnamomea)
- Virginia chain fern (Woodwardia virginica)
- Starflower (Trientalis borealis)
- Wild sarsaparilla (Aralia nudicaulis)
- Sphagnum mossLong (Water) water damage repair
Note: Listed below are additional rare and/or threatened plants found in Hockomock Swamp:
- Long's bulrush (Scirpus longii)
- Gypsywort (Lycopus europaeus)
- Two-flowered bladderwort (Utricularia) - a carnivorous plant
- Plymouth gentian (Sabatia kennedyana)
What Birds and Animals Call Hockomock Swamp Home?
The swampy and heavily forested terrain gives shelter to many birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians, and invertebrates. According to MassAudubon, the swamp boasts nine breeding bird species along with roughly 53 regional or state birds seen in great numbers, including:
- Gray Catbird
- Northern Waterthrush
- Common Yellowthroat
- Swamp Sparrow
- Common Grackle
- Veeries (a small thrush)
- Common barn owl
Deer and smaller mammals like fishers, mink, and bobcats inhabit the swamp. Visitors also encounter many insects, reptiles, and invertebrates. The following are rare or threatened species:
- Ringed boghaunter dragonfly (Williamsonia genus)
- Chain fern borer moth (Papaipema stenocelis)
- Blanding's turtle (Emys blandingii or Emydoidea blandingii)
- Eastern box turtle (Terrapene carolina )
- Blue spotted salamander (Ambystoma laterale)
- Mystic Valley amphipod (a tiny water species)
Why Should the Hockomock Swamp Be Considered a Protector of Humans?
Individuals walking or canoeing through the Hockomock Swamp often hear cautions to travel only with experienced guides. The boggy waterways and patches of mud and quicksand can be treacherous. Despite these drawbacks and the stories of more than a few hikers and hunters who went missing and needed rescuing, the swamp plays vital roles in both human comfort and survival, as delineated below.
Have Humans Lived within the Boundaries of the Swamp?
Indigenous peoples, notably the Wampanoag, used the swamp as cover and protection from early English settlers' intrusions. They had a long relationship with the wetland, hunting and fishing in its seemingly impenetrable depths. Archeological sites recently demonstrate that humans have lived in the area for at least 9000 years. Metacomet, also known as King Phillip, an indigenous leader, chose the swamp as a base during skirmishes and assaults over the course of King Philip's War against the English from 1675-1678.
How Do Swamps Like the Hockomock Benefit Surrounding Land and the Humans Who Live There?
A damp, dank swamp does not appear very appealing to all people. Humans often want to drain swampy areas for development and in a sometimes misguided effort to contribute to the safety of those who live nearby. Wetlands are efficient filters of landscape and farming runoff and rain. The water quality of streams and rivers traversing a wetland improves as the swamp naturally removes pollutants. A trio of beneficial processes lead to cleaner surface water and also drinking water aquifers:
- Sediment trapping
- Out of balance nutrient removal
- Chemical detoxification
Can the Rumors of Paranormal Activity in Hockomock Swamp Be Proven?
When discussing Hockomock Swamp, some relate stories of UFOs, Sasquatch, "undead" panthers, gigantic birds, and possessed dogs with glowing eyes as creatures encountered. The Wampanoag first called the wetland Hockomock, translated as "land of the spirits," contributing to the mystery of wet and heavily vegetated expanse. The swamp and adjacent lands are sometimes called the "Bridgewater Triangle," a reference to the "Bermuda Triangle" in the Atlantic Ocean bounded by Miami, Bermuda, and Puerto Rico. No one can explain every reported anomaly, but the questions make the swamp an even more intriguing place to explore.
Why Is It Crucial for Businesses to Choose a Water Recovery Company Even Before an Emergency?
As a smart Bridgetown business owner, hold back the encroaching damage of an unexpected water crisis in your commercial building by choosing a restoration company before any emergency. Not all contractors are the same. Your business's resilience in the face of trouble depends on selecting the mitigation and remediation partner that can respond fast and provide the best-trained crews and highest quality products and equipment during your time of need .
What Should a Business Seek in a Restoration Company?
As you ask the question, "how do I pick the best fit from the water restoration companies near me in Bridgeport?" the essential deal-maker is training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). SERVPRO ensures that all our managers and technicians receive certification in IICRC standards grounded in extensive research. Our experience demonstrates that the use of these best practices will deliver the most successful results. We also offer a proactive program to help develop a personalized disaster response long before your business resembles a wetland like the Hockomock Swamp-- the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP).
Choose SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters for your commercial water restoration needs. Trained and experienced workers outfitted with cutting edge equipment are on their way fast, 24/7, with one call to (508) 697-5439.
Thought Your Kids Might Miss the Chance to Chat with Santa in East Bridgewater This Holiday Season?
Have fun at the East Bridgewater YMCA while SERVPRO provides storm and flooding removal from your property.
Cocoa, Cookies, and Santa Are Still On at the East Bridgewater YMCA Camp Grounds -- Bring a Food Donation to Spread Holiday Cheer
Nothing stops Santa from visiting all the good girls and boys. Sign up your kiddos for their reserved time to visit with Santa and get a holiday photo they can treasure forever. This year the celebration is outside, so bundle up. Enjoy some sweet treats and cocoa to warm tummies and toes. Pen a letter to Santa to make sure all dreams come true while waiting for a turn with the jolly fella on the fire truck.
Date And Time:
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Old Colony YMCA East Bridgewater
635 Plymouth Street
East Bridgewater, MA 02333-2011
Fret not if severe late fall storms require flood removal in your basement. Call (508) 697-5439 to get the crew from SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters on the job, getting your home ready for the holidays, and maybe a visit from Old Saint Nick.
Seniors in Bridgewater Keep Active During Covid Precautions, Moving On-Line As the Temperatures Fall
The Bridgewater Council on Aging has clean air ducts, thanks to SERVPRO
Zoom Through Your Options Offered by the Bridgewater Council on Aging During Inclement Times
The Bridgewater Council on Aging and staff work tirelessly to engage local seniors despite current restrictions and the moving of most outdoor events inside. Informational and exercise opportunities are available virtually. Reach out to the Council at 508-697-0929 for information and Zoom links. Some useful and fun options that happen soon or ongoing include:
- Weekly grocery trips and transportation to medical appointments, with limited van seating, making reservations a must.
- Bingo on December 9, 2020, from 10:30 to 11:30 am via Zoom or call in -- register through the Council number.
- Chair yoga on Zoom at 10:30 am every Monday and Thursday.
- Zumba on Zoom at 9 am. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Arthritis foundation chair exercise on Zoom at 10:30 am Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Learn how to manage pain symptoms on Zoom from 1 to 3 pm Tuesdays through December 15, 2020.
Arrange for duct cleaning through SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters.Call (508) 697-5439 to schedule a consultation and get your home or business property back to fine form to support your new Zoom self-care habits.
Where Can Bridgewater Homeowners Go for Professional Flood Restoration?
We are here to make the flood “Like it never even happened.”
Bridgewater Residents Can Call SERVPRO to Restore Their Flooded Homes
Is Professional Restoration Needed for Only a Small Amount of Floodwater?
The answer is always yes for calling SERVPRO. Bridgewater residential flooding always contains some amount of everything it flowed over before entering the home. The soil and other particulates can quickly stain floor trim, wall paneling, and more. Also, any water, if left standing for more than a few hours, can begin to ruin both personal and structural property.
Where Do You Start?
Our technicians begin by removing bulk water and flood damage in Bridgewater homes. This includes all standing floodwater and any trapped in carpets, behind walls, and between floorboards. After getting rid of the water, they remove all non-restorable items like carpets, soaked paper products, and then demolish and remove permanently affected structural property like drywall and other paneling if technicians find an excess of moisture.
Is It Necessary to Cut into Drywall or Other Material to Look for Moisture?
No. Technicians also use several moisture sensing devices to find water trapped in material or behind walls and ceilings.
• Penetrating Moisture Meters – These devices detect the moisture level in building materials with two small probes that pierce the surface to measure electrical conductivity. With special attachments, technicians can measure an item layer by layer.
• Inspection Cameras – These devices are excellent for checking wall cavities and examining the HVAC ductwork for moisture. Technicians use hand-held devices for small areas and larger ones, some mechanized, to fully examine the extensive ductwork in almost every home.
For more information on the tools we use to restore your home here or in Easton or to schedule a service visit, contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 697-5439 today. We are here to make the flood “Like it never even happened.”
Are Soots and Smoke a Threat to Human Health in Bridgewater?
Entering your home after fire damage can be a dangerous journey. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
A Burnt Building Can Produce Unpleasant Odors and Soot. SERVPRO Fire Restoration Services Can Recover your Bridgewater Property.
Is it dangerous to breathe in smokes or soot?
A fire emergency in your Bridgewater home can lead to extensive damages. Fires produce lethal gases like monoxide, but these volatile particles typically disperse quickly after the flames are extinguished. Modern materials used for home contents or structure are increasingly involved in their chemical composition. This complexity can lead to smoke residues that contain hundreds of chemicals. While few of these are lethal, ingesting, or inhaling soot and smokes in a fire-damaged structure can be unhealthy. SERVPRO recommends wearing an N95 respirator when working in a structure that has fallen victim to a recent fire.
What airborne dangers exist in a burnt property?
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) can be harmful to human health and inhaled from inside a structure with fire losses.
- Particulate pollution can be microscopic dust or soot particles that can be inhaled or ingested.
- Some deodorization solvents or equipment (oZone generators) can be harmful with inappropriate use.
How do fire technicians restore indoor air quality?
Getting rid of tiny airborne soot or smoke particles is an essential aspect of fire restoration in your Bridgeport home. Many odor control techniques can get rid of smells without addressing particulate pollution. SERVPRO uses air-filtration devices in a burnt property, which can filter out particles as small as 0.3 microns. Deploying an air-filtration device also helps to control odor issues by drawing odor particles out of the environment. Returning your home to a preloss condition includes addressing indoor air-quality problems that may be caused by fire.
What makes a good HEPA filter?
- To carry the label of HEPA, the filtration must be able to remove 99.97% of particles from indoor air
- Clean air delivery rate, which measures the amount of air passing through the filter. High levels ensure efficient air cleansing.
- Checking the minimum efficiency reporting value, or MERV rate, which is an indicator of filtration efficiency.
Restoring indoor air-quality can help return your home to a preloss condition. Contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 697-5439.
Click here for more information about Bridgewater.
Who Can Homeowners in Our Region Depend on for Reputable Duct Cleaning?
Do you air ducts look like this? SERVPRO's duct cleaning service can remove dust and debris.
Protect Homes and Pocketbooks by Working with Our Well-Trained and Ethical Team, Why Your Local SERVPRO Tops the List When Bridgewater Residents Need Duct Cleaning
If you have concerns about your Bridgewater home's HVAC duct system's cleanliness, you need to ensure any duct cleaning experts you consult are knowledgeable. Some companies over-emphasize the need for cleaning regularly. Others might concentrate on clearing out just a portion of the system, resulting in dirt and debris in other ductwork areas quickly re-soiling the cleaned space.
Should Homeowners Obtain Duct Cleaning if Family Members Suffer from Allergies or Irritation?
Before lining up duct cleaning in Bridgewater because of a suspicion that dirty ductwork contributes to asthma or breathing problems in a family member, consult a health care practitioner. Although it might be possible that contaminants in the ducts are part of the problem, exploring other alternatives with medication, diet, or other treatments could eliminate the issue. Many allergies are seasonal, impacted more by outdoor conditions. You can always schedule a duct cleaning if different strategies fail to reduce coughing, sneezing, red eyes, and other sensitivity or allergy symptoms.
If Homeowners Suspect Household Mold Contamination, Is Duct Cleaning a Good Control Measure?
Taking charge of any duct-related mold issues is intertwined with the water damage or excessive humidity that drives mold spores' growth into active mold colonies. The connection between water and moisture damage and mold concerns is why SERVPRO is such a good fit for area residents. Merely cleaning the ducts in your home in response to mold proliferation is a temporary fix. We can combine appropriate duct mold cleaning to mitigate and remediate the water and moisture problem for a longer-lasting solution to mold concerns. The water inside HVAC systems often links to the cooling components evaporator coils. Leaks in return ducts can permit water to pass inside. These and other signs of excessive moisture are noted and can be addressed during high-quality duct inspections.
What Are Generally Accepted Reasons to Hire a Duct Cleaning Contractor?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) discusses duct cleaning at length. A worry is that unscrupulous contractors advise cleaning when no or little benefit from the procedure seems likely. Improper cleaning can introduce particles into the air of your home. These concerns are why SERVPRO pledges to provide duct cleaning only by highly trained professionals when the following conditions are present:
- Significant and visible mold growth, in conjunction with remediation of the water and moisture damage that causes it
- Infestations of vermin such as insects or rodents
Other situations can result in substantial quantities of visible dust or debris, especially if the vents were open during an event such as:
- Remodeling or repairs
- House fires
Do Reputable Duct Cleaning Companies Suggest Biocides or Sealants as a "Save All" Strategy?
Regularly changing your Bridgewater's HVAC system's filters is the most efficient and effective way to keep dust, mold debris, other allergens, and more out of your home. Educate yourself comprehensively on the benefits and detriments of the use of chemical biocides or sealants.
- Limited use of chemical biocides and sealants can be appropriate under specific circumstances. Still, you might want to discuss their use with your healthcare provider if members of your family exhibit allergic reactions or sensitivity to chemicals.
- The EPA has no chemical biocides currently registered for use in internally insulated air duct systems.
- Research does not demonstrate the effectiveness of chemical biocides in duct cleaning.
- The potential for adverse health effects from the chemical is not as yet established.
What Safeguards Should Homeowners Employ When Choosing Among Duct Cleaning Contractors?
Like any home restoration or cleaning services, pick a local company. Traveling duct cleaning companies are here today and 100 miles away tomorrow. You deserve to partner with a reputable firm with a physical facility and a broad spectrum of services to address the underlying causes of excessive debris in ducts.
- General restoration and cleaning training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is an excellent sign that the duct cleaning company takes every type of intervention seriously.
- Certification as NADCA Certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialists is also a plus.
With generations of service to our community, we are that local company, why SERVPRO inspires confidence in those seeking duct cleaning.
The duct cleaning experts at SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters proceed with skill and caution when clearing the HVAC system and other ducts in your home. Call for an evaluation to determine if your ducts need attention and the conditions that caused the soiling by reaching out to us at (508) 697-5439.
Local School in Bridgewater Closed Due To Mold – Can SERVPRO Help?
Mold can quickly spread in your school. Do NOT delay. Contact our experienced team today for remediation services.
Our Technicians are Certified in Mold Mitigation and Can Clean Your School
Bridgewater sits on the edge of the Taunton River. There are smaller rivers and streams which branch off of the river. There are lots of ponds and even a swamp in the area. Schools are also a critical part of the city. Families count on their schools to be ready to go for the school year. When you combine moisture from the area with mold spores, any school can develop mold.
Can Mold be Removed from the Cafeteria?
Any building can deteriorate over time and develop water leaks. Even new school buildings can have faulty HVAC systems that can cause water intrusions. In this case, the school cafeteria remained unused all summer. A leak from a pipe went unnoticed, and due to the hot weather, mold developed and spread. When it was time to clean and reopen for the school season, the mold was discovered. Now is the time for mold remediation in Bridgewater.
Mold is everywhere. With the above conditions, it allowed the mold spores to develop colonies. The cafeteria walls, floors, and tables were a food source for the mold. Our technicians are Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT). They understand what is needed in mold damage abatement and are well-trained to mitigate the problem.
Mold Remediation Process
Immediate mitigation is needed any time you see mold. Mold can cause health effects and destroy the content of the cafeteria. To reduce the spread of mold and clean up the existing growth in Bridgewater, SERVPRO technicians use several necessary procedures:
- Containment – Containing the affected area is the beginning of the remediation process. It prevents the spores from spreading during mold removal. Physical barriers, such as plastic sheeting, may be used. Air scrubbers use HEPA filters to trap spores and negative air pressure to port the spores and airborne particles to the exterior.
- Mold Removal – If it has mold, it either needs the mold removed from the material, or the material has to be removed. Soda blasting and dry ice blasting can remove fungi off of impacted services. Porous material such as drywall needs to be removed if the hyphae are deeply embedded. Controlled demolition can be used to remove infested sections. It is then properly disposed of by our techs.
- Clean Up Dust – Dust can be a byproduct of the mold removal. Mold spores can settle in the area as a result. Once the contaminated components are removed SERVPRO uses vacuums with HEPA filters to remove the dust and spores. Dust can also get wiped off the surfaces.
- Drying Process – Once the mold gets removed and the cafeteria is cleaned, the area is dried. We use air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers during this process.
- Sanitizing – EPA- registered antimicrobials and antifungals are applied to all affected surfaces. Sealants may be applied to prevent the return of mold.
Can Appliance and Tables Be Saved?
Non-porous materials can be cleaned and restored. The cafeteria tables were plastic with metal legs. The tabletops got cleaned with a manual action, including scraping and brushing. Then they were wiped down with antimicrobial sanitizers. The legs were cleaned the same way.
Some of the appliances had severe mold on the outside. Thankfully the refrigerators and freezers were not impacted on the inside. Soda blasting was used on several of the freezers. Scraping, brushing, and wiping down were employed as well. Because of the nature of the cafeteria, EPA approved sanitizers were used on counters, sinks, and other areas that seem to be unaffected.
Preventing the Return of Mold
In order to prevent future infestation, the school implemented a plan that including weekly inspections of the facility for any type of water intrusion. Special attention would be given to the restrooms and cafeteria. Sealants were used on porous wall material to provide a waterproof barrier. The appropriate authorities were contacted after the mold remediation to set up a mold testing. Since this is a municipal facility, an Industrial Hygienist (IH) must test the ambient air for mold spores. Certain levels much be achieved by this third-party action. Once the school was cleared, normal routines could continue.
Serving the Community
SERVPRO is privileged to serve the Bridgewater community. Our families are part of the area, and our kids attend the local schools. We are proud to offer mold remediation services that are top-notch and can keep schools operating. Not only do we have AMRT certified techs, but they are also Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified. They hold to the industry’s highest standards. Advanced technology, experience, and expertise allow us to offer our town a fire, flood, and mold remediation services that are second to none.
We also understand that disasters of any size do not always wait for business hours. Our crew is available Monday through Sunday and around the clock. Situations like this do not take a holiday, and neither do we. Contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewater at (508) 697 - 5439 for expert mold remediation service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.