Bridgewater Properties are Suffering from Moisture Problems and Mold this Winter.
SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters is a Qualified and Dedicated Mold Removal Team for Local Residents.
Bridgewater is a small city in Plymouth County with an extensive industrial heritage. The city of 26,563 residents sits between Boston and Rhode Island in the State of Massachusetts. Like most industrial cities, this place's heart is the Taunton River, which runs for 37 miles through Massachusetts. Alongside this river are numerous wildlife preserves and wetlands. Highlights of these local wildlife preserves are Lake Nippenicket and the Hockomock Swamp, a wildlife management area. The nearby State Forest has 62 acres of land owned by the Division of State Parks and Recreation (DCR). The upkeep of the state Forest allows the public to visit all year round, with the best access points coming from the West Meadow Pond.
Bridgewater's industrial town had several factories in the local area and became well-known for ironworks throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, several iron factories, such as the Ashmont Iron Works and the Superior Nail & Iron, remain in operation and a crucial part of the local economy. The National Register of Historic Places lists the Bridgewater Iron Works, one of the first factories to ship iron to US colonies, as a vital part of the community's heritage and American history. Following a massive fire, the Bridgewater Iron Works was eventually handed over to the council, who has since redeveloped the Iron Works Park area. The Stanley Iron Works park has a privately owned dam, excellent walking trails, and is situated just off route 28 headed South.
- The Black Hat Brew Works is a recent addition to Bridgewater. Since establishing itself in 2015 on Scotland Boulevard, it has become a positive presence in the town with a fantastic, rotating local beer selection- a must-visit if you are a fan of high content brews. However, the Crue Brew Brewery in nearby Raynham provides stiff competition.
- The C N Smith Farm on South Street has been a family-owned and operated business for over eighty years in East Bridgewater. The retail store is open seven days a week, selling local fruits, vegetables, and garden plants. Opening hours are from 9 am to 5 pm every day. Special events occur throughout the year for harvests, Easter, and festivals. Contact them at 508-378-2270 to book in advance.
- Eating out in Bridgewater is a case of quality over quantity. Prisco's Country Creamery serves fantastic deli sandwiches, Italian-themed foods, and sweet deserts in extra-generous portions. Chatta Box on Bedford Street offers a more refined dining experience serving a mixture of Asian cuisine to delighted locals all year round.
The Bridgewater Triangle and Folklore
Bridgewater is a rural, industrial township that has gained a reputation among paranormal enthusiasts, fiction writers, and film-makers. H.P Lovecraft, a prominent horror writer in the early twentieth century, set many of his stories in a fictional New England town thought to be based on the Bridgewater Triangle. The 200 square mile range of the Triangle stretches from West and East Bridgewater across the southeast and connects with Taunton, Raynton, and Seekonk. There have been alleged sightings of various phenomena within this stretch, including bigfoot sightings, popularized by cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, UFOs, Pterodactyls, giant snakes, and poltergeists. The distinct area around Bridgewater has featured in fictional TV shows like HBO's Lovecraft Country and the X-files. Particular sights of interest for paranormal activists are Hockomock Swamp, Dighton Rock, Freetown-Fall, and Profile Rock. The Hockomock Swamp was, allegedly, cursed by the Native American Wampanoag tribe in response to colonial settlers' injustices.
While these areas may have a reputation among paranormal enthusiasts, they are also vast natural beauty areas. The Hockomock Swamp is a wetland that stretches for 16,950 acres and offers incredible hiking, fishing, and bird-watching opportunities. The Bay Circuit Trail is the most common route for visitors to take through the Hockomock Swamp, which passes by areas such as the Profile Rock and the Solitude Stone- both sites of interest. However, there are numerous other trails mapped through the Department of Conservation and Recreation. This area comprises the most significant freshwater wetlands in Massachusetts and a vital area for wildlife conservation. The swamp is the home of 13 unique, rare, and endangered species, while the site itself is over 9,000 years old, which gives it essential archaeological importance. Visitors are encouraged here by the excellent freshwater swimming, hunting, fishing, and canoeing options.
- Camp Titicut is a smaller range along the Taunton River with mellow walking trails and camping spots.
- Burrage Pond Wildlife Management Area has hundreds of species of rare birds, fish, and animals.
- Oldham Pond is an excellent spot for fishing and has three islands within the 232-acre waterway.
SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters Can Provide Excellent Mold Inspection and Remediation Throughout the Year to Local Residents.
The primary method of mold removal in your Bridgewater home is to identify and correct moisture problems. A moisture problem can occur at home due to insufficient insulation, roofing issues, or as a direct result of liquid water such as a slow leak. These areas can lead to the proliferation of microbial fungi, which use enzymes to digest organic matter. Over time, mold infestations can cause permanent damage to a building assembly or contents by eating away at organic compounds commonly found in the home environment. Core areas of concern are porous and semi-porous materials like drywall, carpeting, or wood framing. Dealing with mold quickly using professional services is the surest way to ensure your home returns to a preloss condition.
- Our technicians have qualifications from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) body and follow up-to-date s500 guidelines for mold remediation.
- Extra services are available, including installing vapor barriers in your home and the restoration of documents and other valuables.
- We are available twenty-four-hours a day and promise to arrive on-site within four hours of notification of loss.
If you notice the visible signs of mold growth in your home, that is enough to justify professional assistance. Contact SERVPRO of The Bridgewaters at (508) 812-9732.