October National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
How can National Breast Cancer Awareness Month make a difference?
We can use this opportunity to spread the word about steps women can take to detect breast cancer early.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Ask doctors and nurses to speak to women about the importance of getting screened for breast cancer.
- Encourage women ages 40 to 49 to talk with their doctors about when to start getting mammograms.
- Organize an event to talk with women ages 50 to 74 in your community about getting mammograms every 2 years.
How can I help spread the word?
We’ve made it easier for you to raise awareness about breast cancer. This toolkit is full of ideas to help you take action today. For example:
- Add information about breast cancer screening to your newsletter.
- Tweet about National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Add this Web badge to your website.